The amazing “golden” sand.
Words are not enough to describe one of the world’s most beautiful beaches with golden sand, warm clear ocean water and glorious sunsets and sunrises.
Turning south towards Malindi and Watamu, turtles climb the beaches to lay their eggs in the darkness of the night then return to the ocean before the first glimmers of the dawn approach.
Going north through palms, you can take the pathway, made from coconut husks, to nearby romantic Che Shale. Here you can have lunch on the beach of locally caught shrimps, lobster or fish while watching the kite-surfers catch the wind.
Beyond this are the salt flats, where most of Africa’s salt comes from. It is a spectacular sight with shallow ponds of salt water evaporating in the heat.
Then further on, across a small creek, is the magnificent Robinson Island with a wonderful restaurant built from beach combing. It has no license so bring your own drinks.
- Mambrui, a small fishing village, is just 15 minutes drive from Malindi Airport.
- The Golden Luxury Villas are approximately 2 hours drive from Tsavo National Park, Kenya’s largest Wildlife Reserve.
- The Maasai Mara, one of the wonders of the natural world, is only 2 hours away by plane.
- Che Shale – where there’s an intimate, friendly restaurant on the beach and a kite-surfing centre.
- Nearby is the exclusive Kola Beach Resort with whom we have a special arrangement.